How many Lenses do you carry at one time when facing the unknown?

Started Feb 27, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GlobalGuyUSA Senior Member • Posts: 2,016
How many Lenses do you carry at one time when facing the unknown?

For work, obviously you carry the lenses you need.  For very targeted work, or pleasure, you might carry one lens.  But -- how many lenses do you carry at one time, when you're not totally sure what you're going to shoot (and yet its not for work)?  And which ones are they?  Do you still just grab 1 trusty prime?  Or do you grab the trinity?  Or what?

I'm talking about your "Comfort Lenses," not necessarily for anything special (major travel is special).

I'm indecisive, so I always tend to carry 3.

[I gravitate to the 28-300 (is this a true "anxiety" lens? haha), the 50/1.8D, and the 20/2.8, when I just have no idea whatsoever what I'll be doing.  As much as I don't really like it, I consider my 50/1.8D a comfort lens.  I almost never use it; but just having it around makes me feel better when I'm carrying f/2.8s and darker.  If I have any idea what I'll want to focus one, then I almost always will choose something other than these lenses; but facing the unknown -- those are my comfort lenses.]

-- hide signature --

Sincerely,
GlobalGuy

GlobalGuyUSA's gear list:GlobalGuyUSA's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
xtm
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow