Original Canon 5D - still great after all these years?

Started Feb 26, 2015 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CybrSlydr Regular Member • Posts: 368
Original Canon 5D - still great after all these years?

Hi folks!  Been a while since I've been in the camera game (about 2 years since my last post).

On a whim I came here to see what's going on in the photography world and read a few reviews.

What I'm seeing is one of the big things is video and autofocus... ability?  So much of the marketing is on taking 1080p video and so forth - something in which I have 0 desire.  So I'm looking back at the cameras that were out when I had mine - the 20D.

It occurred to me that a camera like the 5D, which was a, "Dream the impossible dream" sort of thing when I had my 20D is available for a good price these days (Adorama has a Very Good used for $500 [body only]).

What I'm here to ask is, for a purely picture-taking standpoint, does the 5D still hold up today?  I know that 90% of a photo is the person behind the viewfinder - but are my rosy dreams of the 5D still valid?

Thank you!

CybrSlydr's gear list:CybrSlydr's gear list
Canon EOS 1200D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow