EM5 MK2 High ISO Banding P20 and PL25

Started Feb 24, 2015 | Discussions thread
texinwien Veteran Member • Posts: 3,326
Electronic shutter banding

As Big Ga already indicated, what you've shared here is not the kind of banding that is specific to the combination of the Panasonic 20mm and the Sony sensor used in the E-M5, E-M10, E-P5, E-PL5, E-PL6 and GH3 (I think that's a complete and correct list of m43 cameras that use that specific Sony sensor).

This is an example of the banding specific to the combination of the Panasonic 20mm used and a camera with the Sony m43 sensor (E-M5 I in this case).

The banding present in the pictures you shared is the type that occurs when you use an electronic rolling shutter under artificial light.

Two entirely different things, and the type you've shown would show up with the Panasonic 20mm on a Panasonic GM5 (when using the electronic shutter), as well as with an Olympus 25mm on an E-M5 II (when using the electronic shutter).

I will be interested to learn whether the E-M5 II sensor is also prone to the special banding issues that have been shown to occur (inconsistently) in combination with the Panasonic 20mm.

texinwien's gear list:texinwien's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 OnePlus One Canon EOS 300D +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow