Check your JPGs!

Started Feb 20, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Carerra
Carerra Regular Member • Posts: 435
Check your JPGs!

Hi all,

I just wanted to write this as a heads up, some advice to do always because I didn't,

Basically, I never shoot JPG hardly ever and when I do that maybe be really rare as photographing a birthday party, so I could go months without shooting, so,

I had a huge event to photograph and decided to shoot JPG all night for 6 hours, when I got home I had a shock to see about 1 in 5 JPGs were corrupt.

After panicking badly thinking my lovely 6 month old D810 is faulty and then my flash, I summed it down to my Memory card, a SANDISK EXTREME PRO 32g CF 160/mbs Card,

I was lucky as I took 700 pictures and could give back 200, so I got paid, but I dread to think of what would of happened if that was a Wedding,

Anyway, Sandisk disk have been amazing and are replacing my card,

JUST MAKE SURE WHEN YOU GET A NEW CAMERA TO CHECK ALL FORMATS ON EVERY NEW CARD AND OLD CARD!

Here are examples of the problem

Louis

PS THIS DID NOT HAPPEN WITH RAW AND ALSO YOU DO NOT SEE THIS AT THE BACK OF THE CAMERA ONLY UNTIL YOU UP LOAD THEM TO THE COMPUTER

-- hide signature --

www.louisamore.com

Carerra's gear list:Carerra's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow