D750 white balance problem with skin tones

Started Feb 19, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ritesh Bagul New Member • Posts: 4
D750 white balance problem with skin tones

Dear All

I have been using D200 for last 7-8 years and recently (DEC 2014) purchased D750. First of all, it impressed me a lot with its focus speed, extraordinary ISO performance, compact construction and superb views through full frame coverage.

I am only unhappy with its white balance when it comes to people/portraits. The skin colors produced with my D750 look almost purple/magenta cast. I have tried hard and played with various settings, changing the picture controls from standard to nuetral, flat, portrait but I am not satisfied with skin tones.

If I compare with D200 in same lights, same lenses and similar settings, skin colors are much better. I tried to add greens, yellows in to Auto1 WB settings, but it worsened the problem as amount of greens canceled some cast but not in all situations

Following images are taken with standard mode, Auto1 (0,0) white balance setting, Nikon 50 mm 1.8 D lens. Do you see purple cast ?

standard mode, auto1 WB, ambient light, 50mm, f4.

Standard mode, 50 mm, f4.

I upgraded the D750 firmware to latest one C1.01, but it didn't help. Still skins are purple. Problem aggravates with neutral and flat picture control.

I asked few friends on FB and they told that they haven't seen such purple/magenta cast with their D750. So I wonder if this is some manufacturing defect ??

Please help.

Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow