D7100 - I need help solving the "green shadows" in skin tones problem

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
MOD Mako2011 Forum Pro • Posts: 24,145
Good Example

rouchefoucald wrote:

Case in point: this pic of my kid was developed with LR(first) and Capture NX2(second). Notice the greenish areas on the left side of the side and also around the mouth and eyes. I assure you this areas of his skin are darker, but definitely not green.

LR

NX2

I honestly do not get that affect (assuming that's not his natural color) as an inherent characteristic of the camera. Almost looks like mixed lighting. I have seen that happen (with skin) when the warmer skin areas (cheeks and such) reflect light differently than cooler areas. Looking at where the "green" is occurring...obviously related to the skin characteristics and how the camera is capturing it, IMO. Very interesting and obvious example. None of the color channels seem blown. Have you tried using custom WB?  That's not CFL light is it?

Here's and example of a similar case in sunlight. Note the different

coloration in the same facial areas. I can confirm that is an accurate depiction of her skin tone and color. You might try color profiling to prevent that look. May tak a bit of trial and area but you can then upload the "fixed" profile to the camera or CNX2 for future use.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow