Suggest a simple camcorder please

Started Feb 14, 2015 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
EverRed New Member • Posts: 19
Suggest a simple camcorder please

I am a therpist who works with children and I would like to create a video record of my sesssions.

I would like to mount it on a tripod or on a Gorilla pod fixed to the ceiling, turn it on in the morning and let it record all day.  This means that it would be desirable to run it from mains electric supply so I don't have to meddle with batteries.

I would like to be able to transfer what has been recorded onto an external hard drive via my Mac laptop.  I would then keep all of the recordings on that hard drive and when it is full, file it and start on another hard drive.  Is that feasible?  I don't know about camcorder hard drives versus SD cards and their ability to hold a day or several days worth of footage before uploading.  I also dont know what my long term storage requirements will be in terms of external hard drive space needed - I expect to record around 100 hours per month.  I don't need high quality.

Lighting conditions vary but mostly it will be medium brightness artificial light

This camera will not be used for anything else and is simply a work tool.  Consequently I dont want to spend more than I need to on features that wont be used.

Any advice on a camera or storage needs would be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks in advance....

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow