Jupiter 12 35mm f2.8 LTM vs Sony FE 35mm f2.8 on Sony A7 Fun Comparison

Started Feb 12, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PotatoBoy New Member • Posts: 7
Jupiter 12 35mm f2.8 LTM vs Sony FE 35mm f2.8 on Sony A7 Fun Comparison

Hey guys, first post here but long time reader. I just got my Jupiter 12 from ebay yesterday, an old Russian rangefinder lens. I thought it'd be fun to do a comparison between it, and a fairly well regarded modern lens.

Obviously in terms of pure performance its a silly comparison, but I thought people would be interested in how the old lens compares. Especially since it's so cheap, and easy to adapt on the Full Frame A7 series. It's something I haven't seen yet, and think it would have been helpful when i was making the decision to purchase Hope you guys enjoy!

I'm not an expert in comparisons, but I tried my best to keep things comparable. They're just OOC JPEG files:

Sony FE/35 @2.8 1/100th 800 ISO

Jupiter 12 @2.8 1/100th 800 ISO

Sony FE 35/2.8 @2.8 1/50th 800 ISO

Jupiter 12 @2.8 1/50th 800 ISO

Lenses (with Adapter)

Jupiter 12 on A7

So what do you guys think? Although the Sony is much sharper, I think the images from the J12 look fairly pleasing to the eye. Plus its pretty fun to use and about 1/8th the cost of the Sony haha. Let me know if you guys have any questions about the lens, i can try my best to answer. I don't think theres as much info about adapting it as there as there is for the Jupiter 8.

PotatoBoy's gear list:PotatoBoy's gear list
Sony a7 Sony FE 35mm F2.8
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow