D7100 - I need help solving the "green shadows" in skin tones problem

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
mosswings Veteran Member • Posts: 8,943
Re: “Green skin-tone” mystery solved… problem gone… camera retrieved.

Brejla wrote:

Great! Thanks for the chrome color profiles, I'll try it soon. I noticed chrome's really bad colors a while ago too.

About the green tone... I got a green-tinted shadow in a very underexposed image in bright sunlight once. Don't know what caused it. But I have green shadows in long-exposure night photos taken in street light quite often, that's because the white balance is set to warm street light which doesn't affect dark shadows.

This is a very old thread...but D7100 shadows, when pulled up, shift slightly green.  Sony sensored Nikons shift slightly blue, if at all.  Note also that very long exposures may display some purplish "amp noise" related to sensor heating in its digital circuitry.  A common problem with all highly integrated sensors.

Also confirm that the greenish shadows are not related to a very bright light source in the image. Some blooming or streaking in the long direction of the sensor has been observed with such huge DR situations.  The streaking takes the form of a very weak green shift with the streak width correlating to the vertical extent of the very bright light source.

mosswings's gear list:mosswings's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus Stylus 1 Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow