Alternative to Canon EOS-M

Started Feb 12, 2015 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bigkid New Member • Posts: 22
Alternative to Canon EOS-M

Hi all.

I find the auto-focus on this camera to be woeful. Just been away on a trip and experienced the same issues I have now on several other occasions. When taking shots with a lot of sky (whether clear or cloudy or shots in low light where there is not a vivid contrasting object to focus on) the auto focus just gives up the ghost. At least with my old s95 it used to go to infinity and allow a shot to be taken.  And even when there is good contrast, it takes its time.  I prefer to point and click, so a good auto-focus is necessary.

It is so frustrating that I am going to replace the camera. Which is a shame as I love the quality of the pictures it takes, particularly in low light.

I used to have an s90 and then an s95. Both experienced lens retraction errors (usually when traveling miles from anywhere!!), so I swore off cameras with retractable lenses. The EOS-M is my first foray into cameras with swappable lenses. That said, I must admit to finding the changing of lenses to be a pain and would prefer a single, fixed lens.

I would really appreciate some advice on possible cameras to replace the EOS-M, a camera that has a similar or better picture quality (particularly in low light), is no bigger than the EOS-M, with a fixed, non-retractable general purpose lens of good quality and which doesn't have the EOS-M's loopy auto-focus.

Appreciate any pointers here.

Thanks.

Allan

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot S95
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow