Sent in D750 for service advisory...now it's broken?

Started Feb 11, 2015 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
xealo New Member • Posts: 20
Sent in D750 for service advisory...now it's broken?

Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. A rather unfortunate first post too. I sent my D750 for the flare service advisory. I couldn't replicate the issue but figured that not sending it in would probably have an affect on a future resale. Plus, a good cleaning wouldn't hurt. So I did. Now, I just got a service acknowledgement email to the tune of $224 for the following:

Problem: IMPACT DAMAGE TOP COVER SCREW HOLDER BROKEN OFF

I'm speechless because my camera was babied (never dropped) and I made sure to pack it real well for shipment. Also, I don't even know what a "Top Cover Screw Holder" is. I immediately called their customer service and at first the rep said to that either I can refuse or accept the agreement. I pressed further and stated that this was my first time ever sending a camera in and that I was never given an option to add insurance or upgrade the shipping speed on the prepaid label so if it was damaged in transit, it is somewhat Nikons responsibility no? The rep said that they would see what they could do. They requested pictures of the "damage" and will email them to me in the next day or so.

So, does anyone have any advice on what I should do next? Not here to lay out a sob story but this is my first FX camera which I had been saving up for a long time; so to see a whopping $224 repair bill is unreal especially considering that other's have gotten a laundry list of courtesy repairs on their D750s. BTW, I sent it to the NY service center if that helps. Thanks.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow