D750 corrupt images

Started Feb 4, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mmilkov Forum Member • Posts: 50
D750 corrupt images

I received my new Nikon D750 last night. When I take pictures with a Transcend SDHC Class 10 45 MB/S memory card, I'd randomly get a corrupted image as the one shown.

I tried the camera with two other Class 10 memory cards and so far I haven't had a corrupted image. I could conclude that the problem is with the memory card, except that this particular memory card works fine in my D300s. I've taken more than 500 photos on it without an issue. It is also possible that the D300s, being an older camera, doesn't try to read and write to the card at its highest speed and that's why there is no problem. Now the other two memory cards I've tried with the D750 are class 10, but they are probably slower than 45 MB/s. Is this perhaps the reason why the D750 doesn't show any issue when I use these cards? Maybe this particular D750 body is flaky when it tries to read/write to a fast SDHC card? Or maybe it is the particular SDHC card that has an issue?

I am looking forward to comments and suggestions. Basically I have to decide whether it is the camera and whether I should exchange it.

mmilkov's gear list:mmilkov's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR Rokinon 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC +2 more
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow