Sigma 30mm f/2.8 DN Art and the Sony A6000

Started Feb 4, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DRabbit
DRabbit Veteran Member • Posts: 4,724
Sigma 30mm f/2.8 DN Art and the Sony A6000

Anyone have a problem with this combination?

I ordered from Amazon last week... got the lens and it wouldn't autofocus or display F-Stop properly. I figured I just got a defect and requested an exchange. After a bit of a rigamarole with Amazon, I did get a new lens and that didn't work either. Same behavior. Occasionally it would autofocus as expected, but 90% of the time the camera acted like no lens at all was attached. No f-stop displayed. No autofocusing. And it would show the camera was set to MF mode and when I tried to change it to AF-S, AF-A or AF-C it would throw an error about the lens not being attached correctly.

On the rare occasion that it did properly recognize the lens, I tried different autofocus settings but I had the same problem with each. It would only autofocus for a few tries, then it would give up as if it was losing connection with the camera body.

I tried cleaning the contacts.

I tried updating the firmware on the camera (needed to anyway).

My other autofocus lens works just fine.

Anyone have this experience or any ideas? I think I would have liked this lens quite a bit on the a6000 for an autofocus option when I need it (I used MF lenses most of the time)... that's part of what made the price so attractive. I don't want to spend a lot on a lens I'll only occasionally use.

Thoughts?

Amy

-- hide signature --

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
on Google+... on Twitter... on Facebook
My PAD Project and My Gallery

DRabbit's gear list:DRabbit's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M5 II +24 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow