No image on memory card error

Started Jan 30, 2015 | Questions thread
Scottelly
Scottelly Forum Pro • Posts: 14,217
Re: No image on memory card error

Gesture wrote:

I have not taken the trouble to log results, but using many cameras, I can't assign a set behavior.

Sometimes, I can put a card used in one camera in another and everything is fine; others times the camera will store to the card fine, but not be able to view the images totally or at all in playback; and other times, a reformat is prompted. Interestingly, even within an OEM, there is sometimes incompatibility.

Like others, I generally reformat in camera before taking any new images with a given card.

I think I'd agree with your sentiments about formatting memory cards. Years ago I learned that it is "safer" to just format a card, rather than deleting its contents or relying on the way it is formatted when I put it into the camera. These days I just do it to "erase" the photos on it, in order to make space (since my cards are almost always full when I put one in my camera to use it). I find formatting it works great, and it seems like the "right thing to do." What better way is there?

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sigma SD1 Merrill Nikon D810 Sigma sd Quattro H Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +20 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow