A Case for the Nikon Df

Started Feb 1, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Shotcents
Shotcents Veteran Member • Posts: 4,472
A Case for the Nikon Df

Review of the Gariz half-case for the Nikon Df.

STOP! Do not order the new Df grip! This leather, plastic and metal case is a big hit and a must try.

The case comes shipped in a classy black sleeved box and the grip itself is packed in a small drawstring bag. It fits SNUGLY on the Df and a single screw holds it in place. The case base has it's own tripod screw, but I probably would remove the case on a tripod, just as I usually do with grips.

The base is a bit less than 1/4 an inch or so, thus it adds slightly to the height. You also have to reach in a bit to grab a battery or SD card, but I found no issue with it.

The initial impression is excellent, as it should be as this is not cheap at 120.00 dollars US. There is absolutely no play or loose feeling. The interior base has a layer of felt-like material.

My jewelry styler was here and she immediately commented on how nice the case looked and judged the leather quality as very good.

As soon as I handled the Df with the Gariz case I knew that this was a worthwhile addition. This camera now handles and feels better than ANY DSLR I've had or used. This is a very subjective thing, but the bit of added height, depth and leather surface is just a win. The Df felt good before, but now it's really a pleasure to hold.

After hours of shooting earrings, cuffs and necklaces on todays long shoot, I dropped the Df and case onto the table for the above pics.

After a moment you sort of forget the case is on the camera at all and it becomes part of the form factor in a very positive way.

As with any ergonomics, please remember that your experience may vary from mine. With every Nikon camera made at my disposal, the Df remains my favorite camera for personal use. The Gariz case is yet another great "case" of an excellent after-market item. My single complaint is that the screw that holds it in place did not have a retaining clip, thus could be lost. I'll also have to see how the case holds up over the next few months.

*** 1/2

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon D5300 Nikon Df +11 more
Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow