I just don't get it...

Started Jan 31, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Atoche
Atoche Contributing Member • Posts: 669
I just don't get it...

I am a novice compared to most photographers on this forum, what I lack in intellect I somewhat make up for with observational acuteness - some call me "captain obvious"...

I just don't understand all of the canon bashing, writings that muse the fall of canon if they don't catch up with the competition because of reason blah blah blah, or specification blah blah blah...

I look to the professionals in any realm I pursue as to what equipment "does the job well". In photography, specifically sports photography it seems the Pro's choose canon - when I look on the sidelines of a professional football game - I see 90-95% canon cameras and lenses being used by the pro's. I mean, these are the folks producing photographs that pay for their food, housing - provide clothing and education for their children, and keep them employed...

If canon is so "bad", why do so many professional sports photographers use canon equipment? Surely they care more about making a living than professing and supporting some misguided allegiance to a camera brand...

what am I missing? I just don't get it...

-- hide signature --

"I may be a geek, but it pays for the car...!"

Atoche's gear list:Atoche's gear list
Pentax Optio WG-2 GPS Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha NEX-3N Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
KEG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow