Locking Quality setting on D750?

Started Jan 26, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CaptD Senior Member • Posts: 2,124
Locking Quality setting on D750?

I often work with a couple cameras on my shoulders and maybe a belt/lens pouch thing. Cameras bump, get set down on the ground, my hands grab them from swinging, etc... settings change and I can generally keep an eye on most of them, or notice a radical exposure problem.

But the other day the Quality setting changed on the D750 I was trying out and went from RAW to JPG Fine (thankfully). This is one setting I'd like to lock into position. Is that possible with the D750? I haven't found it in the camera menu if it is.

Who changes quality settings so often that it needs to be it's own menu button anyway? Perhaps that button function can be changed so it doesn't affect Quality? I'm open to suggestion. That's the first weak link I've found in this camera.

Besides that, I really like this camera. Needs the battery pack for vertical shooting but in general what a great package especially with the 24-120... It's tempting me to sell my 24-70... but some more file scrutinizing is in order first. But first impressions are very high.

d

-- hide signature --
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow