Refuse to deal with camera retailers who are inflexible in their shipping options

Started Jan 24, 2015 | Discussions thread
Osvaldo Cristo
Osvaldo Cristo Veteran Member • Posts: 4,347
It is frustrating, I agree. Why not to send to another address?

pacnwhobbyist wrote:

This is more directed at folks who live in the US.

I bought something from a prominent camera retailer who, when they sent something out, made a signature required upon receipt. So since I was at work I missed the first delivery attempt from FedEx and will likely miss the second and third attempts due being also at work as well. So I login and see if I can either I change the delivery day to a day when I will be around or hold at the local FedEx facility so I can stop by and pick it up. Neither of those options were available. Neither was redirecting it to a friend or neighbor so they could sign for it.

B&H can ship to a different address than yours. I have used that in the past.

I think it is an options for some others dealers also. Try to address your goods to an address you know someone will be there as a friend, relative or neighbor.

All the best,

-- hide signature --

O.Cristo - An Amateur Photographer
Opinions of men are almost as various as their faces - so many men so many minds. B. Franklin

Osvaldo Cristo's gear list:Osvaldo Cristo's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Nikon D200 Nikon D300S Nikon D810 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +32 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow