Refuse to deal with camera retailers who are inflexible in their shipping options

Started Jan 24, 2015 | Discussions thread
George Spencer Senior Member • Posts: 1,079
Re: Refuse to deal with camera retailers who are inflexible in their shipping options

donaldsc wrote:

Work place delivery is not very practical if you work for a company that has more than a few employees. How do they get into your work place? Who signs for it and thus accepts responsibility for the package? Is it the receptionist's job to sign for all sorts of private packages? Does the company paying you to leave your work area to accept a package somewhere?

It is an odd workplace that does not accept deliveries and usually there is a person designated to receive those deliveries.  (the receptionist, the office manager)  Work places get deliveries every day.  Some are personal packages.

I would bet that with most companies it is company policy that private deliveries are not to be made to the work place.

I would bet that your bet is wrong.  Most companies would rather have you get a package at work than have you leave work to get a package at the FedEx office.

Now I have had FED-EX deliveries where the instruction was to hold for pickup at the FedEx office.

-- hide signature --

Don

George Spencer's gear list:George Spencer's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow