Wonderful Camera

Started Jan 24, 2015 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gordon1949 New Member • Posts: 1
Wonderful Camera

The Fuji X100S is an absolutely delightful camera to use. Photos at ISO as high as 6400 are amazing, amazing, amazing!  Even with "only" 16mp, pictures are very clear.  I saw a demo with a professional photographer where the conclusion was that the final photos were almost indistinguishable from those taken with her 24mp camera.  From my own personal experience shots taken at a reasonable ASA yield prints as large as 22" x 33" that are amazingly sharp. I was very very surprised.

Iridient Developer is fantastic at getting the most out of the Fuji RAW files! Please give it a try.

I would also highly recommend trying the Fuji "PRO Neg.Hi" film simulation. I had never hear of it before but decided to give it a try.  Having shot MANY rolls of Velvia film I of course started out using the Velvia Film simulation. My experience with the Velvia simulation is wonderful.......and then I tried PRO Neg.Hi.   Although I am not sure if one is "better" then the other, I can tell you that if you like Velvia, then you definitely owe it to yourself to give their PRO Neg.Hi film simulation a try.

Love this camera.  Enjoy!

Fujifilm X100S
16 megapixels • 2.8 screen • 35 mm
Announced: Jan 7, 2013
Gordon1949's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
unrated
Action / sports
unrated
Landscapes / scenery
unrated
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
excellent
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow