The big strap debate :)

Started Jan 22, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Xanth Regular Member • Posts: 170
The big strap debate :)

Hi all,

I'm not sure if there's already big debates or postings on this topic, if so let me know

I recently bought a new D810 and I'm looking for a decent strap from which to use with it.  In the past I've used the default one that has come with the cameras (D100, D300) but the weight of this beast + my 24-70 or 70-200 lens isn't going to cut it this time around.  Some considerations:

• I'm 6'7" so it has to be a decent length
  • I will be using this strap while I'm either carrying a day pack (don't want it attached to the backpack itself though as that seems cumbersome) or I'll be carrying an expedition pack of around 60-90L
  • In the past I usually take the default strap and wrap it around my hands a few times and pretty much use it as a hand strap, I think I'd like that option as well and will probably get a hand strap as well as a sling style
  • The D810 is primarily connected to either my 24-70mm f2.8 or the 70-200mm f2.8
  • I rarely use a tripod, but when I do I wouldn't mind disconnecting things on the plate(s) if needed
  • On the top of my listing so far is the BlackRapid sport (first version as the iteration of this strap allows for an 18" entension.  Also I've been considering the SpiderPro hand strap as well as the sling style.  I think I need both depending on where I'm shooting.

Any comments and experiences is most welcome...

Xanth

Xanth's gear list:Xanth's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow