What's the noise inside FZ1000?

Started Jul 30, 2014 | Discussions thread
Maui Son New Member • Posts: 1
Re: What's the noise inside FZ1000?

I have a new FZ1000 and just discovered the hiss/whirring/grinding from the camera mechanism that is put into every video when using the internal microphone.

The noise is continuous and unacceptable, especially in situations such as these: filming a quiet outdoor scene where there is occasional bird song; filming an interview; filming a single child at play in his room; filming a musical performance that has quiet moments (take a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X--zaoqebNQ); filming any scene in which there is not enough continuous ambient sound to mask the noise from the camera.

The “answer” of course is to use an external mic. I had planned to buy an external mic, but planned to use it only in occasional situations. But the FZ1000 forces you to pay $200 or so for a Rode Videomic or other, and worse yet, forces you to carry it with you and attach it whether you wish to or not.

As you can tell, I’m not a professional videographer -- simply an amateur who takes great care in shooting and editing personal videos. The FZ1000 is a wonderful camera in so many respects that I hate to discover this serious limitation.

I bought the camera from Amazon and will most likely, with great regret, return it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow