Why is iPhoto destroying my pictures?

Started Jan 11, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Picture Lady Regular Member • Posts: 165
Why is iPhoto destroying my pictures?

First, I'm almost 70 and extremely technologically challenged. (I've searched for answers within this forum, but as so much of the vocab is totally unfamiliar, I can't even follow the discussions.)

I'm not a fan of iPhoto, but it's what I learned when I got my 2nd computer (iMac) and started taking pictures. After a few years, it got slower and slower with spinning rainbows. My son said there were too many pictures in it (23,000) and divided it by date into 4 separate iPhotos, but it didn't help. I got Aperture on my 2nd iMac, but I was unable to learn how to use it. Last summer, I joined a photo club and was convinced to buy a Lightroom/Photoshop subscription. I took several weeks of intense classes on its use and even paid a tutor to come to my house to set up catalogues of all my photos (about 27,000 at the time), but I just can't master it and am still using iPhoto (and Pixelmator). Now it has started to randomly ruin my pictures (hopefully seen below). It lightens or darkens portions of photos in random patterns and sometimes supersaturates colors. Sometimes the anomaly appears within iPhoto, sometimes it doesn't appear until I move the photo to the desktop.

This one seems to have half of the adjacent photo superimposed on it:

Random:

Would it help to buy a new MacBook and start over? Or could this problem possibly be related to my old Nikon D90?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow