Worth getting the 14/2.5 just for its small size?

Started Jan 8, 2015 | Discussions thread
brentbrent Veteran Member • Posts: 3,416
Re: Worth getting the 14/2.5 just for its small size?

I don't think that owning the 20mm should deter you from getting the 14mm.  They are sufficiently different to not be redundant.

I had the 14mm for about three years, and I just never warmed up to it.  Maybe it was my copy, but I wasn't that impressed with the images I got from it.  The tiny size is a big plus, though.  I bought mine used for $180.  I recently bought the 15mm, and though I considered keeping the 14 just because of its size (mental rumination: "maybe I'll get a GM5 some day...."), I ended up selling it about a week ago for $179 on Craigslist.  Not bad, I think, a $1 cost for using it for three years.

A few years ago it was widely available on eBay for about $180, removed from a kit.  I don't know if that is still the case.  If you like the 14mm focal length, I'd say give it a try, at least if you can get one in that price range.  Lots of folks like this lens more than I did.  And it is wonderfully tiny!

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow