New into the world of photography

Started Jan 7, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
maverick786us
maverick786us Junior Member • Posts: 36
New into the world of photography

I am a new member in this group and, I am competely new into digital photography, although I am an IT professional, but want to make photography a passion.

Based on the features, reviews in youtube and other forums, I made up the mind and purchased Canon 70D, which is a semi-professional DSLR. The lens choice that I went for was 18-55MM lense. Despite being a fresher in the world of photography, I enjoyed taking images from this DSLR, more importantly, I enjoyed the technical features of this DSLR, like touch screen, taking selfies, and the connecting it with my iPad and controlling it.

Can someone provide me some more tips and tricks in this DSLR? For example I know that I should have gone for 15-135MM instead of 15-55 MM. But that time my budget could'nt allow me. Now I want to try something new, for example I want something like take detailed photograph of a bird sitting on a tree, that is almost 500 Meters away, what kind of lense should I use?

I've noticed that with my current lens, that anything above 35MM it zooms the images, anything below 35MM provides negative zoom. Therefore should I purchase a 55-200MM lens for taking such outdoor photography? My interest is more towards taking phorography of outdoor, nature, forests, wildlife rather than indoor stuff, that covers birthdays, weddings etc.

Can someoneprovide me tips and tricks?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow