Memory card stopped working on 70D

Started Jan 6, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Murdog Forum Member • Posts: 93
Memory card stopped working on 70D

I'm posting for a friend. He recently bought a 70D and all the extras, new memory card etc., all about 3 months ago. The memory card is a sandisk ultra 16GB 30mb/s card. Ok, so this is what happened....

We live in the north of China, the temperature is about -25 celsius. We were out shooting and walked inside a shop for a moment and when we came out his camera wouldn't read the card. Tried it in my camera and at home on a computer and nothing. Not that its empty, it says it can't read it. I was with my 5DmkIII, same conditions and my memory card was fine.

I know going from hot to codlin be bad for condensation and refreezing, but has anyone experienced their memory card being unusable after. As per usual he has lots of images on his memory card from previous trips. Any help would be appreciated

-- hide signature --

www.photographymark.com

Murdog's gear list:Murdog's gear list
Leica Q Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye +1 more
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow