All my YN560III flashes will only fire at full power, anyone else seen this?

Started Jan 4, 2015 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
viking79
viking79 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,152
All my YN560III flashes will only fire at full power, anyone else seen this?

Question: All my YN560III flashes will only fire at full power, anyone else seen this?

I am asking this here as I figure it will be best chances of getting an answer.

I have a set of 4 Yongnuo YN560III flashes which I fire remotely using a YN560TX trigger.

The last time I used them they all seemed to work fine, shooting an all day portrait event. However, when I went to use them today, they all fire only full power regardless of what setting I have on the flashes or the transmitter. I can set the flash in manual mode set at 1/128 and hit the test button and it fires full power, I can set the flash to remote wireless slave (RF603 protocol) and it still only fires full power when the test button on the YN560TX is pressed, and same if I use the YN560TX on camera.

No matter what I do the flashes only fire full power. I tried resetting the flashes using the built in menu function (Press mode and light button, go to CL EA function and press and hold OK until it beeps, but this doesn't seem to do much).

The only thing I can think of is I have some generic Canon style external battery packs which I hooked up to them, maybe this somehow messed it up?  Or something happened to them at the last event and didn't notice until later, or they are stuck in some weird state?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony a7R Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow