If you had zero gear. What system would you buy into?

Started Jan 1, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Urban Toreador
Urban Toreador Regular Member • Posts: 325
If you had zero gear. What system would you buy into?

I recently yesterday had the pleasure of having my car broken into. My camera bag was stolen along with all my gear. All my gear sounds like a lot and it was to me but it consisted of my camera four lenses and two speed lights, a pocket wizard along with a few memory cards and my laptop. So I'm in a position here that I haven't been in, in years. I was happy with my Nikon fx setup but now I'm wondering. Do I switch to another system. The only thing I know for sure is that I want to stick with full frame. I don't really have a budget persay other than I'll stick with the prosumer stuff like d800 or 5d mk III or Sony A7. I need solid flash sync because that's what I've been into lately and just invested in some studio strobes.

So my question is what system would you guys buy into if you had nothing.

Btw if you guys run across a nikkor 105mm f2DC, a nikkor 24-70 f2.8, a nikkor 58mm f1.4 or a Nikkor 24mm f1.4 all with a red dot of fingernail polish on the barrel kind of like a Leica dot. Those are mine. Enjoy them.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
1cb
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow