Good Body with Excellent Lens or Great Body with Great Lens? (5D III w/ 24-105 vs 60D w/ 24-70 II)

Started Dec 27, 2014 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
MrSadOnion New Member • Posts: 1
Good Body with Excellent Lens or Great Body with Great Lens? (5D III w/ 24-105 vs 60D w/ 24-70 II)

Right now I have a 60D with a 28-135 kit lens and a nifty fifty that I've been using for a little bit more than a year now. It's clear to me that you should invest in lenses before you worry about the camera body, but if I can get both an L lens and a 5D, is it worth the investment to switch from the 60D that I have? I am talking purely image quality, as I am fully willing to carry around a heavier camera with me wherever I go. I feel that if I just got the 24-70 f/2.8 II, that I wouldn't be using the lens to its full potential on the 60D. While I love my 60D, I feel like I would really enjoy the full frame for landscapes, as that is what I usually shoot, and while I could get the 16-35 f/2.8 II, I still wouldn't have as wide of a shot as I would having the 5D and 24-105 f/4. Also another consideration to take into account is that eventually I'd like to try to do some wedding photography on the side with a friend that has all the lenses we'd ever need to shoot a wedding. If anyone can put in their two cents that would be great.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow