DPP, Lightroom and Photo Ninja, samples

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ocean76 Regular Member • Posts: 443
Re: DPP, Lightroom and Photo Ninja, samples

riman wrote:

i tried Photo Ninja to reduce noise.,..but of course i tried the other editing features. It's amazing!
I know I sound like a shill but honestly I cannot believe the difference..I wish it had a selective editing brush but aside from that its leaves Lightroom in the dust.

'Now I use Lightroom for organizing and PN for editing..

Just wanted to add my two cents worth...(one penny actually adjusted for inflation)

I am on 2 week trail period of photoninja and i really find it very powerful in reducing noise...

i have a question about workflow: my target is getting 5x7 printouts from my eos 6d camera.

All those raw fıles were shot with iso 6400 or 12800...

For the 1st step, should I open the raw file in lr or dpp and make no adjustments but just reduce the image size to 5x7 and export the raw fıle to tiff and then  open the tiff file in photoninja and apply denosing and sharpening together and finally save it as jpg to print it later. Or just open the raw file PN, apply denoising and sharpening there and export it to a max resolution (300dpi) tiff file and then open this tiff file in lr and reduce the image size to 5*7 and save it as jpg for future printing...

To get the most of the PN and to get the most noise free and sharp photo from a 12800 iso raw file, which is the best way to go?

thx

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow