AF: Sony A7s or A7II?

Started Dec 22, 2014 | Discussions thread
Nordstjernen
Nordstjernen Veteran Member • Posts: 6,876
Re: AF: Sony A7s or A7II?

helltormentor wrote:

I know that the build quality of the A7II is superb but I can buy the original A7 800 euros less so I can put this money on the lens and buy the truly lovely Zeiss 135mm APO. Have you ever checked the shots you took with these heavy lenses for centering and corner to corner sharpness. If there is any vertical or horizontal tilting in the mount you should see a sharp center but soft corners.

No such issues noticed. Good and identical sharpness all over the field.

I am using my A7 with all my lenses, and I am not upgrading to the A7II. I am happy with my 1. generation camera. I have posted  many tracking AF samples that show good results, but I wouldn't say no thanks to better AF performance. Also, some do have trouble with the shutter release button. But then, point your index finger traight up into the air and grab the camera. With such a grip the placement of the shutter release button is quite good!

Good luck with your choise. Lenses are the most important, since the cameras will probably be replaced within a few years.

Nordstjernen's gear list:Nordstjernen's gear list
Sony Alpha a99 Sony a7
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow