X-Pro1 (as addition to kit) vs LX100?

Started Dec 10, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Philgp New Member • Posts: 7
X-Pro1 (as addition to kit) vs LX100?

So I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I have the X-E1 & 35/1.4, which is a great combination for image quality. Plan was eventually to get the 18-55 zoom lens but since the summer I was also tempted by the lumix lx100 as it appears to offer a very high image quality across the zoom range in a compact size and for roughly the same cost as the zoom lens itself.

Now, to complicate things, I have seen in the UK that there is a deal for the X-Pro1 with the 18 and 27 mm prime lenses for free! I wanted the LX100/zoom mainly for reach at the wider end and am seriously considering this instead! I would end up with two X-mount bodies (both last gen, but I'm ok with that, I'm not a speed king) and three primes, 18/27/35.

What's giving me pause is that the 18 appears less well received than the 14, so hope I wouldn't regret this on that basis. Also, I'd have focal lengths that were fairly close to each other (even if they - standard to wide - are the ones I enjoy shooting the most).

Thoughts that may make my decision easier?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow