GX7 and LX7 screen protectors

Started Apr 18, 2014 | Questions thread
wsalopek Regular Member • Posts: 208
Re: GX7 and LX7 screen protectors

Chas2 wrote:

Optical glass is fragile, and I have had 3 of them. Reason I had 3 is because two broke from little impacts on my GF1 and LX5. I ended up with an ACMAXX polycarbonate shield with cut out for the EVF for my LX5, but this would not work with the touch screen. I would research the GGS carefully to see what it does to the touchscreen. Intuitively, I think you will end up losing functionality....

I would use this GearMaxx Antiglare from eBay. It works perfectly on my GX7 with no loss in sensitivity.

Just FYI...the glass-type screen protectors are made for phones as well.  In fact I have one on my Samsung Note II...it works great...no loss in touch screen sensitivity (or if there is any, it's less than I can tell).

I have switched all my equipment over to the glass-type protectors as they are SO much easier to install and seem very durable...bubbles are a thing of the past.

Bill

wsalopek's gear list:wsalopek's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 III Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow