D810 for d4s

Started Oct 21, 2014 | Questions thread
Lassoni Contributing Member • Posts: 507
Re: D810 for d4s

The whole D4s seems to be a big money sink, unless one is to shoot BIF and action (for which D810 and D750 should fare "fine", too). In age where you can get cheap SATA or external drives (3TB LaCie), one shouldn't have to worry about file size / processing. If something takes long to process on a reasonably fast desktop/laptop, then the software is most likely the problem. I like the editing options I have with dxo optics 10 and image quality, but something like a Adobe's Lightroom is much faster program to deal with.

I'm going to say, that "maybe" some indoor concerts might benefit from a D4s, but I think the increasing number of sharp wide aperture lenses is going to decrease that gap.. especially when you can use primes/zooms with f2.8 or wider.

Lassoni's gear list:Lassoni's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow