Is the pro photographer a dying trade?

Started Nov 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
ranalli Senior Member • Posts: 1,016
Re: Is the pro photographer a dying trade?

My repeat Portrait and Event business is due to developing relationships in the community and areas of specialty. I've spent 4 years learning how to shoot dance and I'm still learning. It took me months to get a meeting with a large studio owner. Another studio owner called me because of my work there. That led to being hired by a local dance company. Which has led to other performing arts work. Which has allowed me to build relationships for portraits, head shots and events. Its still hard work so its a good idea to care about what you're creating. Money isn't enough.

This is important that people read what you wrote above....this is not limited to photography at all.

What you wrote above is relevant for ANYONE starting or managing a business.  You're doing something very right and I believe it has to do with how you are managing your relationships and how you are networking.  Having good work just isn't enough anymore..everyone is making breathtaking photos these days.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BAK
(unknown member)
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow