Safety shutter speed. Unipod or IS?

Started Nov 29, 2014 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Warsawying
Warsawying New Member • Posts: 12
Safety shutter speed. Unipod or IS?

Hi everyone, I have a question to ask.

I am going to take photos of my friends in graduation ceremony (I will sit away from them, maybe 10m I am not sure, hence I need telescope lens), and recently I got a EF 28-135 IS lens. I got this lens on purpose for taking pictures in the ceremony (I am poor). However, on 135mm side, the aperture is only 5.6, by using the ISO 640 (I am using 1D 4.2mp one, so I really dont want use higher ASA), the shutter speed on monitor is about 10,15 in normal rooms. I know the graduation ceremony always have bad lighting, so here is the question:

1. using unipod (I have one, it should help me to achieve 2 level shutter speed).

2. using the IS on the lnes (2 level as well).

3. use them together? will the combination ruins the quality of the picture? Can I achieve 4 levels?

And one more question about 1D 4.2mp, I found the RAW pictures slightly strange if I took them under sunshine, the color is not real I am afraid. Maybe because I am not familiar with the canon's raw picture.

For example

This is the picture I got from the RAW picture without any change, i felt it is a light strange (I used to take film cameras with Pentax). OK, is it my problem or the camera's problem, the color temperature was 4200, is a litter far from the real isnt it?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow