Q Looses the 3-D of the M?

Started Jul 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
hikerdoc
hikerdoc Senior Member • Posts: 1,734
Re: what's 3-D?

...and perhaps when an observer shows up at the Sigma booth he/she sees and comments on what is "supposed" to be noted about a foveon image. One must appear discriminating and observant, and this is much easier when exif data is available. I agree it would be difficult to mathematically define and quantify an emotion, but in a blinded test, some of the actual observations regarding the "obvious" source of an image may go unexpressed for fear of guessing wrong and appearing not so refined.

I suspect it is more like wine tasting; does anyone really taste lush cherries and currants, with a hint of peach and vanilla, and a spicy floral aroma?! On a wine tour in Sonoma the vineyard guide told us not to feel foolish if we could not, said he had been involved in winemaking for years and he couldn't either. But, if the bottle says that, and I am with a group, you can be sure I taste it too!

hikerdoc's gear list:hikerdoc's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow