Why I think Canon should be working harder to win my business..

Started Nov 28, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
topstuff Senior Member • Posts: 1,209
Why I think Canon should be working harder to win my business..

I have a Canon 5D3 rig. Truth is, as a bit of a gear head, I've got Nikon and Sony gear too..

But here is the thing.

I've been really underwhelmed by Canon lately. I know plenty of people really dig the conservative, evolution-type approach of Canon.

I don't.   In fact, I am pretty unhappy with Canon these days.

I want Canon to use their muscle and their resources to advance photography. I want them to make gear that improves my ability to capture really great images. There is a LOT of tech out there now which can be offered to us, but Canon are choosing not to give it to us.

I give you this as evidence:

These are STILL images from a 4K VIDEO taken on a Samsung NX1.

Think about this - these are captures from a moving image. Forget about buffer size, forget about fast FPS, just shoot your family with video and capture the "defining moment" from a moving video.

You gotta admit, these are really perfectly acceptable.

http://www.popco.net/zboard/view.php?id=camera_forum&no=126060

So given the might of Canon, why can't they offer this?

I know that Samsung are one of the largest companies in the world ( 16th largest co in the world I believe ) but it is interesting to see what can be achieved when a company does not have a legacy or a history to worry about  - but instead decides to throw all the technology available into a camera and see what happens.

And get this - the Samsung NX1 is cheaper than a 7D2.

Am I the only one thinking this way?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow