Another lens for the GM series?

Started Nov 27, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pic Man Senior Member • Posts: 1,310
Another lens for the GM series?

It seems Panasonic are pushing the GM series most, perhaps trying to carve out a niche with increased competition from larger sensor mirrorless. Perhaps Panasonic sees the GM as the best way to make profit rather than your run of the mill G series and cheap GF for example. Here's the rumoured lens for early next year.

New 30mm f2.8 macro lens. Nothing really wrong with the 45mm Leica macro but it doesn't go so well with a GM5. If I'm honest I'm not really interested in this lens or the GM series and I hope Panasonic are not abandoning the other lines. The G series in particular. But a company has got to make profit and it was clear that the G5/G6 didn't do as well as hoped if you look at the big discounts placed on those products not too long after release.

Here's a link to the 30mm rumour.

http://www.43rumors.com/panasonic-30mm-f2-8-macro-to-be-launched-in-q1/

What do you think about Panasonic's current direction? Or do you think that the GM is just what they are focusing on now and will bring out products from other lines in the new year. Are you interested in this lens? I have to admit that even though I'm not that interested in the GM and these new small  lenses, I do like the design. Very clean. Leica shouldn't have bothered with the T, they should've just slapped a red dot on the GM and counted the money.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow