What PC software will Display FZ1000 4K videos

Started Sep 7, 2014 | Questions thread
OP trigger1937 Regular Member • Posts: 257
Re: What PC software will Display FZ1000 4K videos

Thanks to all that posted recently.  I do appreciate the information.   John,...I very sad that you didn't contact me before I purchased the GT610.   I did buy the unit on Newegg and it was within the price range that I was willing to pay.   The spec's looked just as good as others in the same range and I've never been educated about the key elements OF GPU's.  I asked for help for a long time on this website and you can see the responses I got.   I can't say the GT 610 is all that bad since it plays everything I put to it OK,  and the onboard 2GB memory frees up my CPU for editing.

I use Potplayer since it is so easy to use and the SKIN does all I need so far.   I also believe that the onboard AMD GPU of my Gigabyte motherboard now plays the 4K without problem so I probably didn't need the GT 610 card but there is no sense in trying to return it.  I have tried MPC and it works fine.  I can't stand WMP and try to avoid it at all cost.

As I get deeper into editing I expect to learn a lot more than I know now.   Thanks again.

Just a few comments about the FZ1000.   The one item that I am so impressed with is the Rapid and Accurate focus and the fantastic image resolution and clearity of the image even at 100% and sometimes even at 200%.   A long time ago I thought I would get interested in "Birding" but where I live I soon found out the selection is very limited.   We have Red-headed wookpeckers, Blue-jays, Hawks, Flickers, and sparrows and that is about it.

Thanks again.

trigger1937's gear list:trigger1937's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 Panasonic FZ1000 Canon EOS 450D
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow