Photo AIO Recommendations?

Started Nov 19, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mike Osborn Forum Member • Posts: 74
Photo AIO Recommendations?

My HP 7520 Photosmart AIO is failing to provide quality photo prints anymore.  I'm pretty sure it's something with the printhead, as I get inconsistent results when running the clean nozzle routines on my Mac...sometimes the result produces a test page with streaks, and other times it's OK.  The biggest problem (probably a result of something not quite right with it) is that I can't get photo prints anything close to what I see on my iMac...they're almost always way too dark...and sometimes I waste a sheet when the photo prints out with "pixellated blotches" on it.

So...I've decided maybe it's just best to get a new AIO printer.  (I realize many here don't use this kind of printer, but I'm only a rank amateur, and the printer is used for text more often than photos...and I have space limitations).

I've got my choices narrowed down to the following, and am looking for advice from anyone here that may have one of these:

• Epson Expression Photo XP-820
  • Epson Expression Photo XP-860
  • Epson Expression Photo XP-950
  • Canon Pixma 7520
  • Canon Pixma 7120
  • HP Envy 7640

The HP is on the list primarily because of the large amount of HP photo paper I have.  I suspect it's the least-capable of the above list in terms of photo quality, as it uses their tricolor cartridge.  (For reference, the HP 7520 uses 5 individual cartridges....no idea why HP's moving away from those back to the tricolors).

I doubt it matters, but the printer will be connected to an Apple iMac running Yosemite.

Advice is greatly appreciated!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow