Clyde Butcher moves to digital (A7R) for some work Locked

Started Nov 16, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Kwick1 Contributing Member • Posts: 897
Clyde Butcher moves to digital (A7R) for some work

Clyde Butcher, master blank and white landscape photographer who specializes in very large prints of the Florida Everglades taken with large format film (often up to 11x14" film), admitted in his latest newsletter that he's moved to digital for some work.

"Well...I think I'm going to have to admit in a public forum that I'm actually growing old. At 72 years old it has become very difficult for me to carry my large format camera gear any distance. That 60 pound backpack hurts my back if I walk to far. Because of this problem, I've decided to try digital. It's certainly a lot lighter to carry on my back! I love photography, and will NOT be giving up large format photography, it just means I may not be able to use the large format camera as often.

Myakka Oak 20 is taken with the Cambo Artus with a digital 36 megapixel Sony a 7R camera and RZ Mamiya lenses. I manipulate the image on my computer, then print the photographs on an Epson Sylus 4800 or 9800 printer. I use archival Ultrachrome K3 ink and print on archival Harman Hahnemuhle paper. The limited edition photograph is then mounted and matted to current archival standards. I sign and number each image."

The photo he's referring to can be seen here: http://www.clydebutchersbigcypressgallery.com/journals/126

And you can see all of his work here: http://www.clydebutcher.com/photographs

-- hide signature --
 Kwick1's gear list:Kwick1's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow