D810 & 14-24 over Iceland (Drone Photography)

Started Nov 9, 2014 | Discussions thread
isson Regular Member • Posts: 254
Re: Technical Information - Stefan Forster

Wow - thank you very much for your replies - I feel honored. 
Actually - There are a lot of illegal components built in the drone which are not really allowed all over the world. The main problem about the drones is the extreme negative publicity right now. Everyone has got a Phantom II now and the fly over crowds of people, over private property,... the make everyone is getting upset about the drones in general. For me as a professional landscape photographer it is just a TOTAL new perspective and possibility. But I guess within the next 2 years drones will be banned everywhere.
Some Informations about the Drone - The total cost including everything (not the Camera) is 22'000 USD.
- Main Drone - DJI S1000 Premium
- 8x New Motors
- Special Damping System
- Aerial Gimbal (Brushless) 3-Axis
- Highspeed Charger (12lbs) 
- 6x30'000mAh 22.2V Batteries (Specialbuilding)
- Full HD Image downlink 
- Control unit with antennas
- 2x A2 Flight control units for double safety
With all my gear my drone can be in the air for about 22 Minutes with a take of wight of 13.2 KG - The maximum lifting speed is 11.2m per second. Maximum Camera wight is 5.8KG. The maximum distance to the drone is about 2 miles. Maximum windspeed which the drone can handle is about 50 Miles per hour. 
Here a picture of the drone with the D800E and the 14-24mm

Love it!!!
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow