Trying to decide between DF and D610, IQ differences

Started Apr 10, 2014 | Discussions thread
Vudoo New Member • Posts: 13
Df

camerosity wrote:

Vudoo wrote:

I wonder how much of the "Made in Japan" factors into the cost of the Df? At what price point does the Df would no longer be consider overpriced?

I just picked up a Df 50mm kit for $2000 USD from the store. I am still deciding if I should return it and get the D610. LOL

You got a great deal, was that for a new Df kit? I paid $2199 for an open box Chrome Df, with just 3 exposures on the body. Very happy with it. I love the image quality and the shutter is so quiet, it's the best by far shutter sound of any Nikon camera I've ever owned.

I would think that the Made in Japan aspect of the Df adds $200-300 to the price of the camera. I can definitely tell the difference in quality between the Df and D750 in the buttons. D750 buttons feel loose and cheap, Df feel tight and high quality.

Mine was an open box 50mm kit that had about 300 exposures on it, so $1000 off put it's about the same price as the D610 for me. I am still trying to get used to the Df since I learn on the D70 and my last DSLR was the D700. All the bodies in between were pretty much identical as well so this retro design throws me off a little. The image quality has been quite nice with my biggest complaint being focusing in low light especially since there is no auto focus assist lamp.

I admit the reason why I am still thinking about the D610 is because I am used to the modern body and the AF lamp, but I do love the look of the Df. LOL

Vudoo's gear list:Vudoo's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon 85mm F1.8G Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow