pentax K-50 what to expect

Started Sep 22, 2014 | Discussions thread
dragra Senior Member • Posts: 1,141
Re: pentax K-50 what to expect

The subtle skin tone is a personal preference. It's quite usual that upon new gear there comes some difference with what you were used to see there before.

We have many elements here, in the color control environment, which can make cross-system calibration easy. Checking your gear color spaces and re-calibrating your monitors is a good start. Creating color profiles for each lens also helps.

About brand specific color rendering: I never liked the Canon skin tone, because it is to "reddish" and looks unnatural to me. You always need a perfect makeup to get the skin right with Canon gear. Nikon skin tone was too cold and tends to be "greenish". This was not as bad as Canon, but in some cases it can look lifeless and unnatural. Pentax produces the most neutral and "close to the truth" skin tone - for my taste - from all dSLRs.

-- hide signature --

tell me what your 3 favorite lenses are - and I'll tell you what kind of a photographer you are...

dragra's gear list:dragra's gear list
Canon PowerShot A640 Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 Pentax X-5 Ricoh WG-M1 Canon PowerShot G5 X +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow