Would like to upgrade from A55 to ?

Started Nov 4, 2014 | Questions thread
RonWA Regular Member • Posts: 301
Re: Would like to upgrade from A55 to ?

Rick,

I was hoping someone had the silver bullet for you because I am in the same situation. Maybe more so because I have two a55s. I love the camera in most respects, especially the size. I have never had problems such as overheating, or any other problems for that matter; I would just like better high ISO capability. I have five good lenses running from 8 to 500 mm so I am in no hurry to change systems. The a6000 is intriguing but the lens adapter seems cumbersome and there is the loss of stabilization. I have decided there is no such solution as we are seeking and, while the a77II sounds great, the larger size is a deal breaker for me.

My primary interest is in birds and other wildlife so a question I have to answer is just how much better ISO performance will a newer Sony camera provide? I am sure some on this forum have some quantitative information on that. It has to be a pretty significant improvement to make me change to anything I see available right now. Good luck.

Ron

RonWA's gear list:RonWA's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Nikon Coolpix P900 Sony SLT-A55 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow