Would like to upgrade from A55 to ?

Started Nov 4, 2014 | Questions thread
J Birn Contributing Member • Posts: 935
Re: Would like to upgrade from A55 to ?

RickLT wrote:

I should have mentioned that in addition to the A55, I have an FZ200 which is a great "super zoom" camera and satisfies my needs for that type of camera, but would like to upgrade my A55 to another Sony camera that has the small size with faster autofocusing, higher ISO capabilities, image stabilization, and compatability with Minolta lenses. . .or give up one of the criteria just mentioned.

Thanks for your valued opinions and information, Rick

If you're willing to give up on small size a bit, the a77ii has faster AF, slightly better high-ISO performance, steady-shot, and compatibility with your lenses. It has a good number of features that the a55 was missing, from AF Micro Adjust to wifi to pair with your smartphone and gain app support.

Sony has really been focusing on making their e-mount cameras be the really small ones, and since making that small-but-powerful a55 (that tended to overheat and shut down if you ran it for too long, especially with the steady-shot turned on) they've been making most of the newer alpha-mount cameras a little bigger than that.

-- hide signature --

Jeremy Birn

J Birn's gear list:J Birn's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony a7R III Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow