Any opinions on the GM5? GM5 or E-PL5/6/7/E-P5 + VF4?

Started Nov 5, 2014 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tobicy68 Contributing Member • Posts: 511
Any opinions on the GM5? GM5 or E-PL5/6/7/E-P5 + VF4?

An interchangable lens camera that compact with a viewfinder is just a dream come true. But once I saw the resolution being only 1,166,000 I have doubts on whether I can tolerate with this resolution. Even the RX100 III has higher resolution than this. I have used the Sony A3000 before and the EVF is just a nightmare, but given it's price it's a fair trade.

But from what I heard the GM5 won't be cheap given pre-order price is almost $900 on Amazon 0.o . A 2nd hand E-PL5/6 is currently at low price due to the release of E-PL7 and pressure of E-M5 being so cheap.Will going for E-PL5/6 + VF4 a better choice than the GM5 given the current price? You will lose some compactness and light weight but you get 3-axis stabilization, a much better EVF, and a lot cheaper! Even the E-P5 + VF4 2nd hand will be cheaper than the GM5. It's bigger and heavier, but you get 5-axis stabilization and much better EVF (2,360,000 pixels similar to the E-M1).

Ideas & opinions?

tobicy68's gear list:tobicy68's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL2 Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Tamron 18-400mm F3.5-6.3
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-PL7 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow