Would like to upgrade from A55 to ?

Started Nov 4, 2014 | Questions thread
sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 18,594
Re: Would like to upgrade from A55 to ?

RickLT wrote:

The specs. and size of the A6000 with the focusing adaptor look good except for the loss of image stabilization. Would you consider the absence of IS to be a major loss when photographing birds with a 400mm (f 6.7) or the 500mm reflex (f 8) lens with faster shutter speeds that might be achieved with higher ISO capabilities?

I'm not a birder, so am probably not best qualified to answer. Still, I will say this: SteadyShot in the A55 is typically giving you two (sometimes more, sometimes less) additional stops in terms of shutter speed... but I doubt that the A6000's sensor will provide two additional stops of noise improvement over the A55's sensor.

Remember, though, that SteadyShot works when the problem is your own ability to keep the camera still. It doesn't provide much help if the camera is tripod mounted or if your target is in motion - like a bird in flight. In those cases, a better performing sensor would win.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow