How to minimize risk - got a story to share?

Started Oct 30, 2014 | Discussions thread
Jacques Cornell
OP Jacques Cornell Veteran Member • Posts: 9,265
Re: A bit of paranoia ...

Gato Amarillo wrote:

After a job I carry the used memory cards separately from the camera. I figure a camera or camera bag is a tempting target for a thief, while a small envelope with a card in it is likely to be ignored or overlooked.

I carry a few invitation-sized envelopes in the camera bag. The card goes in an envelope with the job written on the outside, the envelope goes into an easily overlooked compartment in the van.

BTW, I never erase the cards before the job is delivered. After the photos are in the computer the card goes back in the envelope and into a file cabinet where it sits until the job is delivered and backed up.

Good ideas. Although, I'm more comfortable with my cards in a plastic card wallet. It'd be too easy for me to accidentally toss out some beat up paper envelope.

As for backup, I copy the master image files and the Aperture library to two separate hard drives, and I burn the delivered JPEGs to a DVD as well. I then format the cards the next time I start to shoot. Your idea about archiving the actual cards for a while certainly couldn't hurt.

-- hide signature --

The way to make a friend is to act like one.

Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +29 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow